ANXIETY & Depression
Most of us can feel sad, lonely, or depressed at times. It's a normal reaction to loss, life's struggles, or injured self-esteem. But when these feelings become overwhelming, cause physical symptoms and last for long periods of time, they can keep you from leading a normal, active life and you should seek help.
You may benefit from this program if:
- You've seen changes in your personality
- You experienced problems in your relationships
- You have trouble concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- You are chronically tired and fatigued
- You have feelings of guilt, worthlessness and helplessness
- You are irritable and restless
- You have a loss of interest in things once pleasurable
- You are overeating or experienced appetite loss
- You have aches, pains, headaches or cramps that won't go away
- You are persistently sad, anxious or have feelings of emptiness
Through skills taught in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), you will learn techniques for calming your anxiety and refocusing your thoughts. You will also learn ways to tolerate distress and be more resilient in difficult situations which will improve your relationships, as well.
We can assist you in reducing your symptoms and feeling a sense of renewal in as few as 6 individual sessions. Group therapy may be recommended, but not required.